Friday, September 02, 2011

Gingered Tomato Salad with Shrimp

Wednesday night I made Gingered Tomato Salad with Shrimp, from The Food Matters Cookbook.


I used a bag of pre-hurricane romaine hearts, so they were getting a little long in the tooth.  Also, tomato season appears to already be over here in Maryland (at least according to the one produce stand at the Thursdsay farmers market), so these are supermarket tomatoes.  With ripe tomatoes and fresh greens, the salad probably would have been a lot better.

I paired it with Woodhall's Angler White, which my mom had picked out when we visited the winery last October.  (I'd been saving it for when she came back to visit me, but she hasn't yet, so we went ahead and drank it.  I can pick up another bottle when you do come, Mom, and it will be fresher.)  It was, well, semi-sweet.

No comments: