Friday, September 02, 2011

Baked Rigatoni with Brussels Sprouts, Figs, and Blue Cheese

Last night I made Baked Rigatoni with Brussels Sprouts, Figs, and Blue Cheese from The Food Matters Cookbook.


I thought it would be bluer, and figgier.  As it was, the Brussels sprouts were the overwhelming flavor (which is fine with me.)

I paired it with Brooklyn Brewery's Oktoberfest, as per the recommendation of the employees at Urban Cellars.  It did work to clear the palate, and maybe if the pasta had been bluer (as I thought it would be), it would have been a better pairing, but as it was, it was nice, but nothing special.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

I've been to the Brooklyn Brewery! We took the "tour" which was about 15 minutes followed by half an hour in line for beer (but it was still great).

Elizabeth said...

What's your favorite Brooklyn Brewery beer?

Ellen said...

Pennant Ale or (in season) Chocolate Stout.