Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Saturday, March 18, 2017
: to produce (printed copies) on a duplicating machine that is similar in principle to the mimeograph
"They had hastily typed out and roneoed forms bearing the words 'Paternal responsibility and rights of guardianship abandoned by me' – a necessary formula under French law – and leaving room for names and signatures."
- Caroline Moorehead, Village of Secrets
- a cassock.
- a mass of incombustible matter fused together, as in the burning of coal.
- a hard Dutch brick, used especially for paving.
- a partially vitrified mass of brick.
- the scale of oxide formed on iron during forging.
- Geology. a mass of vitrified material ejected from a volcano.
Friday, March 17, 2017
- to speak falsely or misleadingly; deliberately misstate or create an incorrect impression; lie.
- an inflammation of the hands and feet caused by exposure to cold and moisture.
Wednesday, March 15, 2017
- Chiefly British.
- a round or rotation of duties; a period of work or duty taken in rotation with others.
- an agenda or circuit of sporting events, as a round of golf tournaments, played in different localities throughout the year.
- a roster.
- Official name Sacred Roman Rota. the ecclesiastical tribunal in Rome, constituting the court of final appeal.
- a contagious skin disease, especially of children, usually caused by streptococcal bacteria, marked by a superficial pustular eruption, particularly on the face.
- the leader or chief official of a political district under Nazi control.