Sunday, July 10, 2011

No Idea: Heavy Seas Pyrate Tap Takeover

Thursday night was the Heavy Seas Pyrate Tap Takeover with Hugh Sisson at No Idea Tavern, so we headed over there for dinner.  (Got caught in a thunderstorm and were absolutely soaked.)  I got the Letter of the Marque and the shrimp po'-boy, and Morgan got the Plank I and the chicken parmesan sandwich.  Both the beer and the food were excellent.

Right after our food arrived, the power went out.  We were having a good time (the spirit was convivial, and the bar was a lot quieter after the music stopped), so I went ahead and got the Big DIPA, because it was the only one left I hadn't tried before.  I'm not a huge fan of hops, but I was pleasantly surprised: it really is well-balanced.

But maybe the Big DIPA was a little too big, or maybe the homebrew had a little contamination in it, because I got a really nasty headache later.

No comments: