Friday, May 13, 2011

Kamikaze and Cuba Libre

More experimentation at the Biological Chemistry student seminar series:


Kamikaze

1 oz vodka
1 oz orange liqueur (such as Cointreau)
1 oz lime juice

In other words: like a Margarita, but with vodka instead of tequila.

I guess I'm just not really a vodka person: I don't see much point in drinking alcohol that doesn't have any flavor.  (I think that makes me old.)


Cuba Libre (from Jason Wilson's "Spirits: Long Live the Cuba Libre", 26 April 2011, The Washington Post)

2 oz rum
1/2 oz lime juice
(1/2 oz gin: optional)
12 oz Coca-Cola

Does Coca-Cola really need the additional sweetener of the rum?  Just because lime juice is present doesn't mean there's any less sugar.  Maybe I'll try cutting the Coke with club soda next time.  Or maybe it was just missing the gin.

No comments: